UNPUBLISHED POSTER / MORE COMPETITION FOR A BETTER CHOICE
CONVENED BY FEDERAL ECONOMIC COMPETITION COMMISSION AND CSO INTERNATIONAL POSTER BIENNIAL IN MEXICO
1. Young Mexicans will be allowed. The age restriction will be from 18 to 30 years old.
2. Participants should submit a maximum of 6 posters as a total per the whole call.
3. Layout and printing technique are freestyle.
4. Participants shall submit unpublished posters on the subject:
“More competition for a better choice”
Category convened in collaboration with Federal Economic Competition Commission.
The aim is to communicate that, when companies compete, consumers have the power to choose the option which best matches their pocket and their needs. Imagine that you need something and there is only one store who sells it: all you have to do is buy it there no matter if you like it, if it’s expensive or if it’s good for you. That would be very frustrating, as we all like to be able to choose what suits us best.
Fortunately, when there are several companies competing, you have many options to choose what best matches your needs, tastes and budget. So, you as a consumer have the power to choose the best option. With competition, you choose!
For further information, visit: https://www.cofece.mx/en/
DIGITAL WORK REGISTRATION
5. In order to participate in categories C, D, E y F, participants shall send files in high and low resolution. (See subparagraph 7).
6. In order to register their work, participants shall submit their poster(s) in a digital layout in the website www.bienalcartel.org by following the registration form properly filled in.
7. Files registered in the contest should be formatted as:
Measure: 1000×700 px
Resolution: 72 DPI
Type of format: JPG
Measure: 100×70 cm
Resolution: 300 DPI
Type of format: PDF
DIGITAL WORK SUBMISSION DEADLINE: MAY 15, 2020
NO EXTENSION OF TERM
8. The chosen posters will be part of the collection on the subject More competition for a better choice. The BICM, along with COFECE, will promote such collection’s edition and presentation giving credits to the authors on the press and electronic media and as part of its campaign. The first copy of the chosen posters will be printed out in HP technology by the BICM and it will be exhibited at the Franz Mayer Museum and ulterior venues.
9. The BICM, COFECE and the UASLP (where the Historic Archive BICM is safeguarded) are also are authorized to publish the entered-into-the-competition posters in catalogues, expositions, promotional editions, electronic means and promotional events on a non-profit basis and giving credit to the authors.
10. Every chosen participant will obtain a 30% discount on our online store and outlets to acquire catalogues, poster, and commemorative editions.
11. All posters will be part of the Historic Archive BICM and they will be safeguarded at Casa Cartel (UASLP).
12. The BICM shall reserve the right to reject the participation of posters that may be offensive to the moral and culture of any country, as well as the ones that shall not meet the requirements of this call. Posters designed by jury members as well as committee members can be chosen but may not be awarded.
13. The jury decision will be irrevocable and it shall not be contested or submitted to any sort of refute by any natural or legal person. The awards of any category can be declared null and void if it is so considered. Additionally, the judges are qualified to resolve any incidents that may take place and may not contravene these bases.
14. The results of the 16BICM selection will be published on the website www.bienalcartel.org and social networks @bienalcartel on July 7, 2020.
10 USD or you can download the Oyster card.
The registration fee will must to be in one of the following ways:
Deposit or transfer to bank account
Bienal Internacional del Cartel A.C
Payment by PayPal
PUBLICATION OF SELECTED PARTICIPANTS
JULY 7, 2020
AWARDS OF CATEGORY F
First place: 100,000 MXN (One hundred thousand Mexican pesos), a golden medal and a certificate.
Second place: Silver medal and a certificate.
Third place: Bronze medal and a certificate.
15. The economical prize will be directly given by COFECE. The BICM organizers will reserve their right to hand only medals and certificates.
SPECIAL MEDALS OF 16BICM
A. International jury will award the Gold medal for excellence José Guadalupe Posada to a participating designer or country known for its contribution to the development of graphic design in Mexico.
B. The jury will also award the Gold medal Willy de Majo to the young designer who has stood out the most in the 16 International Poster Biennial in Mexico.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS IN THIS COMPETITION
A. Participants understand and accept that the submitted poster under categories C, D, E or F, due to the unpublished nature, will not be digital or physically published neither to be submitted to future competitions of any kind, until the international poster contest 16BICM: October 27, 2020. Otherwise, the BICM is authorized to drop such work out of the collection.
B. All submitted posters will be part of the International Poster Biennial in Mexico safeguarded by the Autonomous University of San Luis Potosi’s.
C. If your work’s format, support reproduction or circulation will not fully stick to our requirements, email us to firstname.lastname@example.org