UNPUBLISHED POSTER / MEXICO CORRUPTION FREE
CONVENED BY UN MEJOR MÉXICO SIN CORRUPCIÓN AND CSO INTERNACIONAL POSTER BIENNIAL IN MEXICO
1. Young Mexicans, or foreigners residing in the country or Mexicans residing in another country are allowed to participate. The age restriction will be from 18 to 30 years old.
2. Participants should submit a maximum of 6 posters as a total per the whole call.
3. Representation, layout and printing technique are freestyle.
4. Participants shall submit unpublished posters on the subject:
Category convened in collaboration with Un Mejor México Sin Corrupción. The aim is:
Aware that this is a long-term objective, we’ve decided focusing our efforts to a sector of Mexican society, key to the future of our country: the young people between 18 and 30 years old. We consider that the poster can be a suitable medium to spread among young people, with a deeply positive approach, the shared inspiration of a better Mexico and then will be if we all commit to live without corruption. The contest does not focus solely on the technical aspect of poster design, but also in the background of the problem, that includes: causes, experiences, consequences and possible solutions to the phenomenon of corruption, therefore, both background and form of the works received will be evaluated. We want to achieve build a Better Mexico from a call to action, tell us through a poster what measures help us build and cement a Mexico without corruption.
For further information, visit: https://www.mexxi.co
DIGITAL WORK REGISTRATION (AVAILABLE IN JANUARY 30, 2020)
5. In order to participate in categories C, D, E y F, participants shall send files in high and low resolution. (See subparagraph 7).
6. In order to register their work, participants shall submit their poster(s) in a digital layout in the website https://16bicm.hiless.dev/login by following the registration form properly filled in.
7. Files registered in the contest should be formatted as:
Measure: 1000×700 px
Resolution: 72 DPI
Type of format: JPG
Measure: 100×70 cm
Resolution: 300 DPI
Type of format: PDF
DIGITAL WORK SUBMISSION DEADLINE: JUNE 15, 2020
NO EXTENSION OF TERM
8. The chosen posters will be part of the collection on the subject Biodiversity. The BICM, along with Un Mejor México Sin Corrupción, will promote such collection’s edition and presentation giving credits to the authors on the press and electronic media and as part of its campaign. The first copy of the chosen posters will be printed out in HP technology by the BICM and it will be exhibited at the Franz Mayer Museum and ulterior venues.
9. The BICM, Un Mejor México Sin Corrupción and the UASLP (where the Historic Archive BICM is safeguarded) are also are authorized to publish the entered-into-the-competition posters in catalogues, expositions, promotional editions, electronic means and promotional events on a non-profit basis and giving credit to the authors.
10. Every chosen participant will obtain a 30% discount on our online store and outlets to acquire catalogues, poster, and commemorative editions.
11. All posters will be part of the Historic Archive BICM and they will be safeguarded at Casa Cartel (UASLP).
12. The BICM shall reserve the right to reject the participation of posters that may be offensive to the moral and culture of any country, as well as the ones that shall not meet the requirements of this call. Posters designed by jury members as well as committee members can be chosen but may not be awarded.
13. The jury decision will be irrevocable and it shall not be contested or submitted to any sort of refute by any natural or legal person. The awards of any category can be declared null and void if it is so considered. Additionally, the judges are qualified to resolve any incidence that may take place and may not contravene these bases.
14. The results of the 16BICM selection will be published on the website www.bienalcartel.org and social networks @bienalcartel on July 7, 2020.
10 USD or you can download the Oyster card.
The registration fee will must to be in one of the following ways:
Deposit or transfer to bank account
Bienal Internacional del Cartel A.C
Payment by PayPal
NOTE: If it is not possible to make payments through PayPal in your country, your registration payment is exempt.
If you want to contribute to the BICM, you can donate a design book as a registration fee. These works will become part of the Library of the International Biennial of the Poster in Mexico A.C.
The donated books should be sent, without declared commercial value, to the following postal address:
Bienal Internacional del Cartel en México
P. O. box C-140, Coahuila 5; Colonia
Alcaldía Cuauhtémoc, C.O, 06700. CDMX
For any questions or information, please contact the following e-mail address: email@example.com
PUBLICATION OF SELECTED PARTICIPANTS:
JULY 7, 2020
AWARDS OF CATEGORY E
First place: 100,000 MXN (One hundred thousand Mexican pesos), a golden medal and a certificate.
Second place: Silver medal and a certificate.
Third place: Bronze medal and a certificate.
15. The economical prize will be directly given by Un Mejor México Sin Corrupción. The BICM organizers will reserve their right to hand only medals and certificates.
SPECIAL MEDALS OF 16BICM
A. International jury will award the Gold medal for excellence José Guadalupe Posada to a participating designer or country known for its contribution to the development of graphic design in Mexico.
B. The jury will also award the Gold medal Willy de Majo to the young designer who has stood out the most in the 16 International Poster Biennial in Mexico.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS IN THIS COMPETITION
A. Participants understand and accept that the chosen posters in the official collection of the International Poster Biennial in Mexico will not be submitted to future competitions of any kind. Otherwise, the BICM is authorized to drop such work out of the collection. This behavior may also have a negative impact in further submissions.
B. All submitted posters will be part of the International Poster Biennial in Mexico archive as well as the Autonomous University of San Luis Potosi’s.
C. If your work’s format, support reproduction or circulation will not fully stick to our requirements, email us to firstname.lastname@example.org