PUBLISHED POSTER BETWEEN THE YEARS 2018-2020 ABOUT FILM
CONVENED BY THE MEXICAN ACADEMY OF MOTION PICTURE ARTS AND SCIENCE, BETA SAN MIGUEL GROUP
AND CSO INTERNATIONAL POSTER BIENNIAL IN MEXICO
1. Graphic designers, design students, visual artists, photographers and graphic creators in general are allowed to participate, no matter age or nationality. They can submit posters on the subject: film (festivals, tributes, movies, etc.) The posters must have been printed between the year 2018 and 2020.
2. Participants should submit a maximum of 6 posters as a total per the whole call.
3. Representation, layout and printing technique are freestyle.
4. Participants shall submit published posters on the subject:
This commemorative category has the objective to celebrate the 125 year of the first cinema session to a commercial public. The first paid show took place on December 28 of 1895 in the basement of Grand Café, on the Boulevard des Capucines (Paris). Several films were projected, including Lumière Factory Exit and The Arrival of a Train to Ciotat Station. For this reason, in collaboration with The Mexican Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Science and Beta San Miguel Group, we commit to promote the diffusion, investigation, preservation, the development and defense of cinematographic arts and sciences. We want to encourage Mexican cinema to be known and valued in the country and abroad, so it invites to participants send their posters that have circulated on the stipulated date (see clause 1), about cinema. They can be official posters to promotion of films, tribute to movies, actors, producers, directors, etc., commemoration of big screen classics, among others
DIGITAL WORK REGISTRATION (AVAILABLE IN JANUARY 30, 2020)
5. In order to register their work, participants shall submit their poster(s) in a digital layout in the website https://16bicm.hiless.dev/login by following the registration form properly filled in.
6. Files registered in the contest should be formatted as:
Measure: 1,000 px in its longest side, no matter the position of the piece (horizontal or vertical)
Resolution: 72 DPI
Type of format: JPG
Measure: 100 cm required in its longest side, no matter the position of the piece (horizontal or vertical)
Resolution: 300 DPI
Type of format: PDF
DIGITAL WORK SUBMISSION DEADLINE: JUNE 15, 2020
NO EXTENSION OF TERM
PRINTED WORK SUBMISSION
7. Due current COVID-19 outbreak, physical poster shipments will be suspended to facilitate your participation. It will only be necessary to send your digital files.
8. The chosen posters will be part of the collection on the subject Film Poster. The BICM, along with the Mexican Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Science and Beta San Miguel Group, will promote such collection’s edition and presentation giving credits to the authors on the press and electronic media and as part of its campaign. The first copy of the chosen posters will be printed out in HP technology by the BICM and it will be exhibited at the Franz Mayer Museum and next venues.
9. Both the BICM, the Mexican Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Science and Beta San Miguel Group are authorized to publish the entered-into-the-competition posters in catalogues, expositions, promotional editions, electronic means and promotional events on a non-profit basis and giving credit to the authors.
10. Every chosen participant will obtain a 30% discount on our online store and outlets to acquire catalogues, poster, and commemorative editions.
11. All posters will be part of the Historic Archive BICM safeguarded by UASLP.
12. The BICM shall reserve the right to reject the participation of posters that may be offensive to the moral and culture of any country, as well as the ones that shall not meet the requirements of this call.
13. Posters designed by jury members as well as committee members can be chosen but may not be awarded.
14. The jury decision will be irrevocable and it shall not be contested or submitted to any sort of refute by any natural or legal person.
15. The awards of any category can be declared null and void if it is so considered. Additionally, the judges are qualified to resolve any incidence that may take place and may not contravene these bases.
16. The results of the 16BICM selection will be published on the website www.bienalcartel.org and social networks @bienacartel on July 7, 2020.
10 USD or you can download the Oyster card.
The registration fee will must to be in one of the following ways:
Deposit or transfer to bank account
Bienal Internacional del Cartel A.C
Payment by PayPal
NOTE: If it is not possible to make payments through PayPal in your country, your registration payment is exempt.
If you want to contribute to the BICM, you can donate a design book as a registration fee. These works will become part of the Library of the International Biennial of the Poster in Mexico A.C.
The donated books should be sent, without declared commercial value, to the following postal address:
Bienal Internacional del Cartel en México
P. O. box C-140, Coahuila 5; Colonia
Alcaldía Cuauhtémoc, C.O, 06700. CDMX
For any questions or information, please contact the following e-mail address: email@example.com
PUBLICATION OF SELECTED PARTICIPANTS
JULY 7, 2020
AWARDS FOR CATEGORY B
First place: 100,000 MXN (One hundred thousand Mexican pesos), a golden medal and a certificate.
Second place: Silver medal and a certificate.
Third place: Bronze medal and a certificate.
17. The economic prize will be directly given by the Mexican Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science. The BICM organizers will reserve their right to hand only medals and certificates.
SPECIAL MEDALS OF 16BICM
A. International jury will award the Gold medal for excellence José Guadalupe Posada to a participating designer or country known for its contribution to the development of graphic design in Mexico.
B. The jury will also award the Gold medal Willy de Majo to the young designer who has stood out the most in the 16 International Poster Biennial in Mexico.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS IN THIS COMPETITION
A. All submitted posters will be part of the International Poster Biennial in Mexico safeguarded by the Autonomous University of San Luis Potosi’s.
B. If your work’s format, support reproduction or circulation will not fully stick to our requirements, email us to firstname.lastname@example.org