PUBLISHED POSTER BETWEEN THE YEARS 2018-2020
CONVENED BY THE INSTITUTE OF FINE ARTS AND CSO INTERNATIONAL POSTER BIENNIAL IN MEXICO
1. Graphic designers, design students, visual artists, photographers and graphic creators in general are allowed to participate, no matter age or nationality. They can submit posters on any subject. The posters must have been printed between the year 2018 and 2020.
2. Participants should submit a maximum of 6 posters as a total per the whole call.
3. Representation, layout and printing technique are freestyle.
DIGITAL WORK REGISTRATION (AVAILABLE IN JANUARY 30, 2020)
4. In order to register their work, participants shall submit their poster(s) in a digital layout in the website https://16bicm.hiless.dev/login by following the registration form properly filled in.
5. Files registered in the contest should be formatted as:
Measure: 1,000 px in its longest side, no matter the position of the piece (horizontal or vertical).
Resolution: 72 DPI
Type of format: JPG
Measure: 100 cm required in its longest side, no matter the position of the piece (horizontal or vertical).
Resolution: 300 DPI
Type of format: PDF
DIGITAL WORK SUBMISSION DEADLINE: JUNE 15, 2020
NO EXTENSION OF TERM
PRINTED WORK SUBMISSION
6. Due current COVID-19 outbreak, physical poster shipments will be suspended to facilitate your participation. It will only be necessary to send your digital files.
7. The BICM and the UASLP are authorized to publish the entered-into-the-competition posters in catalogues, expositions, promotional editions, electronic means and promotional events on a non-profit basis and giving credit to the authors.
8. Every chosen participant will obtain a 30% discount on our online store and outlets to acquire catalogues, poster, and commemorative editions.
9. All posters will be part of the Historic Archive BICM safeguarded by UASLP.
10. The BICM shall reserve the right to reject the participation of posters that may be offensive to the moral and culture of any country, as well as the ones that shall not meet the requirements of this call.
11. Posters designed by jury members as well as committee members can be chosen but may not be awarded.
12. The jury decision will be irrevocable and it shall not be contested or submitted to any sort of refute by any natural or legal person.
13. The awards of any category can be declared null and void if it is so considered. Additionally, the judges are qualified to resolve any incidence that may take place and may not contravene these bases.
14. The results of the 16BICM selection will be published on the website www.bienalcartel.org and social networks @bienacartel on July 7, 2020.
10 USD or you can download the Oyster card.
The registration fee will must to be in one of the following ways:
Deposit or transfer to bank account
Bienal Internacional del Cartel A.C
Payment by PayPal
NOTE: If it is not possible to make payments through PayPal in your country, your registration payment is exempt.
If you want to contribute to the BICM, you can donate a design book as a registration fee. These works will become part of the Library of the International Biennial of the Poster in Mexico A.C.
The donated books should be sent, without declared commercial value, to the following postal address:
Bienal Internacional del Cartel en México
P. O. box C-140, Coahuila 5; Colonia
Alcaldía Cuauhtémoc, C.O, 06700. CDMX
For any questions or information, please contact the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
PUBLICATION OF SELECTED PARTICIPANTS
JULY 7, 2020
AWARDS FOR CATEGORY A
First place Ernesto El Chango Cabral: 100,000 MXN (One hundred thousand Mexican pesos), a golden medal and a certificate.
Second place: Silver medal and a certificate.
Third place: Bronze medal and a certificate.
15. The economic prize will be directly given by the Institute of Fine Arts. The BICM organizers will reserve their right to hand only medals and certificates.
SPECIAL MEDALS OF 16BICM
A. International jury will award the Gold medal for excellence José Guadalupe Posada to a participating designer or country known for its contribution to the development of graphic design in Mexico.
B. The jury will also award the Gold medal Willy de Majo to the young designer who has stood out the most in the 16 International Poster Biennial in Mexico.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS IN THIS COMPETITION
A. All submitted posters will be part of the International Poster Biennial in Mexico safeguarded by the Autonomous University of San Luis Potosi’s.
B. If your work’s format, support reproduction or circulation will not fully stick to our requirements, email us to email@example.com