F Category For Students from méxico and abroad
DIVERSITY IN ONE WORLD. UNPUBLISHED POSTER FOR THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
CALLED IN COLLABORATION WITH THE TAIWAN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT DESIGN COMPETITION.
- Participation is open to young Mexicans and foreigners students dedicated to design, photography, visual arts, communication and related practices, WITH UNPUBLISHED POSTERS, made for the purposes and objectives of this category.
- Participants may submit a maximum of FOUR POSTERS or SERIES OF POSTERS for the consideration of the selection committee, including all the categories that correspond to them as students in this call for entries.
- The techniques of representation are free.
- THE FORMAT OF THE POSTER MUST BE 70 X 100 CM.
- Participants must register unpublished posters on the subject:
Diversity in One World. Unpublished poster for the Sustainable Development Goals.
In September 2015, through the UN, several countries adopted different goals, as part of a new sustainable development agenda, in order to “eradicate poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all”. These goals, which are projected to be developed over 15 years until 2030, in what was called, Transforming our World: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, set out 17 objectives that aim to be the basis for improving and dignifying life on our planet, as well as creating a sustainable world in the face of the climate crisis that our planet is experiencing. These objectives include:
1. No poverty. 2. Zero hunger. 3. Good health and well-being. 4. Quality education. 5. Gender equality. 6. Clean water and sanitation. 7. Affordable and clean energy. 8. Decent work and economic growth. 9. Industry, innovation and infrastructure. 10. Reducing inequalities. 11. Sustainable cities and communities. 12. Responsible consumption and production. 13. Climate action. 14. Life below water. 15. Life on land. 16. Peace, justice and strong institutions. 17. Partnerships for the goals.
In this sense, and given the urgency of achieving such goals, it is essential to see the valuable proposals that, from design, students can generate to promote such transcendental values as sustainability and unity. Especially when, from diversity, different realities can be created and thought, allowing the prevalence of the world we live in.
REGISTRATION OF DIGITAL WORK TO THE CONTEST.
- . To participate in the category, only high resolution digital files should be sent (See section 8).
- Participants must register their work(s) digitally through the website www.bienalcartel.org, following the instructions for filling out and registering indicated.
- The technical specifications of the digital files that are registered in the contest must be:
IN HIGH RESOLUTION
Size: 100 cm high (vertical) or 100 cm wide (horizontal).
Resolution: 300 DPI
Format type: JPG
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF WORK: JUNE 30, 2022.
- The posters selected in this category of the 17BICM, will become selected posters in the Taiwan International Student Design Competition, as this contest will have the same theme.
- The selected posters will be part of the collection on Diversity in One World. Unpublished poster for the Sustainable Development Goals. The International Poster Biennial in Mexico AC, in collaboration with Taiwan International Student Design Competition, will promote the edition and presentation of this collection, in which the credits of the authors will be respected in various print and electronic media, as part of their dissemination campaigns. The first copy of the selected posters will be printed in HP technology, to be exhibited at the end of October 2022.
- The International Poster Biennial in Mexico AC and Taiwan International Student Design Competition, are authorized to reproduce the selected posters of the contest, either in catalogs, exhibitions, promotional, electronic media and events, without lucrative purposes, always respecting the credit of the authors.
- Each selected participant will get a 30% discount in the online store or physical sales spaces in the events organized by the BICM, for the purchase of 17BICM catalogs.
- All participating posters will become part of the archive of the International Poster Biennial in Mexico AC and will be kept at Casa Cartel, a space created for this purpose by the UASLP.
- The organizers reserve the right to reject the participation of posters that are considered offensive to the ethics or culture of any country; as well as those that do not comply with the stipulations of this call. We suggest avoiding the use of obscene images that violate public spaces.
- The convening institutions, in common agreement, will form a selection committee for the works participating in this category. Those selected will be part of the exhibition of finalists, as well as of the collection on the theme, which will be published in the 17BICM catalog. The selection will be presented to the international jury to define the winning posters in this category.
- The results of the selection of finalists in the different categories of the 17BICM will be published on the website www.bienalcartel.org and social networks @bienalcartel, on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2022.
- The international jury, in person, will evaluate the finalist works in the different categories during the last week of October 2022 and will announce the awards for each of them at the awards ceremony and opening of the exhibition, which will take place at the Franz Mayer Museum on Thursday, October 27 at 7:30 pm.
- The jury’s decision will be final, it may not be challenged or submitted to any kind of appeal by an individual or legal entity. The prizes of any category may be declared void if deemed appropriate. Likewise, the jury will be empowered to resolve any other incident that may occur and that contravenes these bases.
PRIZES CATEGORY F.
First prize: 100,000 MXN (One hundred thousand Mexican pesos), gold medal and diploma.
Second prize: Silver medal and diploma.
Third prize: Bronze medal and diploma.
19. The financial prize and medals will be awarded directly by the Taiwan International Student Design Competition and the BICM, as both will contribute 50%, respectively, of the prize. Likewise, the BICM will award the diplomas signed by the international jury.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS WHEN PARTICIPATING IN THIS CALL.
Participants accept that by entering their work in this category, due to the unpublished nature of the posters submitted to the competition, they may not be published either digitally or physically, or entered in other competitions before the awards date of the 17BICM: OCTOBER 27th, 2022. Otherwise, the selection committee will disqualify the posters that compromise this consideration.
All posters received will become part of the archive of the International Poster Biennial in Mexico AC, which will be kept by the Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí.