B Category for professionals
ONLY ONE EARTH. UNPUBLISHED POSTERS FOR THE RESTORATION OF THE PLANET
CALLED BY THE UNITED NATIONS ENVIRONMENT PROGRAMME (UNEP).
Participation is open to professionals dedicated to design, photography, visual arts, communication and related practices, regardless of their nationality, with posters published between MAY 2020 and MAY 2022.
- Participants may submit a maximum of FOUR POSTERS or SERIES OF POSTERS for the consideration of the selection committee, including all the categories that correspond to them as professionals in this call for entries.
- The techniques of representation are free.
- THE FORMAT OF THE POSTER MUST BE 70 X 100 CM.
- Participants must register unpublished posters on the subject:
Only One Earth. Unpublished posters for the restoration of the planet.
Next year, 2022, the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) celebrates 50 years of its creation and work. Within this framework, the motto “Only One Earth” will be the theme of this category. On the one hand, this finds an echo as it is also the theme for World Environment Day 2022, but even more significant is that, 50 years ago, this was the same slogan of the meeting that laid the foundations and led to the creation of the UNEP.
The desire of this category is to join the goal that the organization has set for the next 10 years: “The United Nations Decade on Ecosystem Restoration”. Faced with the triple crisis that our planet is experiencing (climate change, biodiversity crisis, pollution and waste crisis), the work of preventing, halting and reversing should guide the restoration of the world’s ecosystems. Well, as UNEP itself manifests, it is necessary “a systemic change that redefines and restores our links with the planet.” In this sense, it is a task that is incumbent upon all strata of world society, since it requires a transforming force that integrates actions, disciplines, knowledge and needs, all of them diverse, to heal our planet.
For more information on this topic visit: https://www.decadeonrestoration.org
REGISTRATION OF DIGITAL WORK TO THE CONTEST.
- . To participate in the category, only high resolution digital files should be sent (See section 8).
- Participants must register their work(s) digitally through the website www.bienalcartel.org, following the instructions for filling out and registering indicated.
- The technical specifications of the digital files that are registered in the contest must be:
IN HIGH RESOLUTION
Size: 100 cm high (vertical) or 100 cm wide (horizontal).
Resolution: 300 DPI
Format type: JPG
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF WORK: JUNE 30, 2022.
- The selected posters will be part of the collection on Only One Earth. Posters for the Restoration of the Planet. The International Poster Biennial in Mexico AC, in collaboration with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), will promote the edition and presentation of this collection, in which the credits of the authors will be respected in various print and electronic media, as part of their dissemination campaigns. The first copy of the selected posters will be printed in HP technology by the International Poster Biennial in Mexico AC to be exhibited at the Franz Mayer Museum at the end of October 2022, in addition to other cultural venues decided by the convening institutions of this category.
- The International Poster Biennial in Mexico AC and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), are authorized to reproduce the selected posters of the contest, either in catalogs, exhibitions, promotional, electronic media and events, without lucrative purposes, always respecting the credit of the authors.
- Each selected participant will get a 30% discount in the online store or physical sales spaces in the events organized by the BICM, for the purchase of 17BICM catalogs.
- All participating posters will become part of the archive of the International Poster Biennial in Mexico AC and will be kept at Casa Cartel, a space created for this purpose by the UASLP.
- The organizers reserve the right to reject the participation of posters that are considered offensive to the ethics or culture of any country; as well as those that do not comply with the stipulations of this call. We suggest avoiding the use of obscene images that violate public spaces.
- The convening institutions, in common agreement, will form a selection committee for the works participating in this category. Those selected will be part of the exhibition of finalists, as well as of the collection on the theme, which will be published in the 17BICM catalog. The selection will be presented to the international jury to define the winning posters in this category.
- The results of the selection of finalists in the different categories of the 17BICM will be published on the website www.bienalcartel.org and social networks @bienalcartel, on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2022.
- The international jury, in person, will evaluate the finalist works in the different categories during the last week of October 2022 and will announce the awards for each of them at the awards ceremony and opening of the exhibition, which will take place at the Franz Mayer Museum on Thursday, October 27 at 7:30 pm.
- The jury’s decision will be final, it may not be challenged or submitted to any kind of appeal by an individual or legal entity. The prizes of any category may be declared void if deemed appropriate. Likewise, the jury will be empowered to resolve any other incident that may occur and that contravenes these bases.
PRIZES CATEGORY B.
First prize: 100,000 MXN (One hundred thousand Mexican pesos), gold medal and diploma.
Second prize: Silver medal and diploma.
Third prize: Bronze medal and diploma.
- The economic prize and medals will be awarded directly by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). The BICM will award the diplomas signed by the international jury.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS WHEN PARTICIPATING IN THIS CALL.
Participants accept that by entering their work in this category, due to the unpublished nature of the posters submitted to the competition, they may not be published either digitally or physically, or entered in other competitions before the awards date of the 17BICM: OCTOBER 27th, 2022. Otherwise, the selection committee will disqualify the posters that compromise this consideration.
All posters received will become part of the archive of the International Poster Biennial in Mexico AC, which will be kept by the Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí.