A Category for professionals
POSTER PUBLISHED BETWEEN 2020 AND 2022
CALLED BY SECRETARÍA DE CULTURA DEL GOBIERNO DE MÉXICO, THROUGH INSTITUTO NACIONAL DE BELLAS ARTES Y LITERATURA.
- Participation is open to professionals dedicated to design, photography, visual arts, communication and related practices, regardless of their nationality, with posters published between MAY 2020 and MAY 2022.
- Participants may submit a maximum of FOUR POSTERS or SERIES OF POSTERS for the consideration of the selection committee, including all the categories that correspond to them as professionals in this call for entries.
- The techniques of representation, printing and format are free.
REGISTRATION OF DIGITAL WORK TO THE CONTEST.
- Participants must register their work(s) digitally through the website www.bienalcartel.org, following the instructions for filling out and registering indicated.
- The technical specifications of the digital files that are registered in the contest must be:
IN HIGH RESOLUTION
Size: 100 cm high (vertical) or 100 cm wide (horizontal).
Resolution: 300 DPI
Format type: JPG
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF WORK: JUNE 30, 2022.
SHIPPING OF PRINTED WORK.
- To participate in category A, participants must send, as a requirement, two printed copies of each of the posters submitted to the contest. It is left to the author’s discretion to donate a few more copies to be auctioned on our website to support the financing of the BICM.
- All printed posters submitted must be affixed with micropore (not glue, diurex, double-sided or any other type of tape), a printed copy of the participation form, which must be placed in the lower right corner of the back of the poster. This form will be generated at the time of online registration and will be sent to the participant’s email address.
- Posters should be sent, with no declared commercial value, as follows:
By postal mail, private courier or personal delivery to the following address:
Bienal Internacional del Cartel en México A.C.
Álvaro Obregón 73, Col. Roma, C.P. 06700
Alcaldía Cuauhtémoc, CDMX
Monday to Friday / 10-16h
- Due to the care of the quality of presentation, damaged posters will not be accepted; it is suggested to take care of their packaging.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF PRINTED WORK: MAY 30, 2022 POSTMARKED.
- The International Poster Biennial in Mexico AC, is authorized to reproduce the selected posters of the contest, whether in catalogs, exhibitions, promotional, electronic media and events, without profit, always respecting the credit of the authors.
- Each selected participant will get a 30% discount in the online store or physical sales spaces in the events organized by the BICM, for the purchase of 17BICM catalogs.
- All participating posters will become part of the archive of the International Poster Biennial in Mexico AC and will be kept at Casa Cartel, a space created for this purpose by the UASLP.
- The organizers reserve the right to reject the participation of posters that are considered offensive to the ethics or culture of any country; as well as those that do not comply with the stipulations of this call. We suggest avoiding the use of obscene images that violate public spaces.
- The posters designed by both the members of the jury and the members of the work selection committees may be selected, but not awarded.
- The jury’s decision will be final, it may not be challenged or submitted to any kind of appeal by an individual or legal entity. The prizes of any category may be declared void if deemed appropriate. Likewise, the jury will be empowered to resolve any other incident that may occur and that contravenes these bases.
- The results of the selection of finalists in the different categories of the 17BICM will be published on the website www.bienalcartel.org and social networks @bienalcartel, on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2022.
PRIZES CATEGORY A.
First prize, Ernesto “El chango” Cabral: 100,000 MXN (One hundred thousand Mexican pesos), gold medal and diploma.
Second prize: Silver medal and diploma.
Third prize: Bronze medal and diploma.
- The economic prize and medals will be awarded directly by the Secretaría de Cultura del Gobierno de México, through Instituto Nacional de Bellas Artes y Literatura. The BICM will award the diplomas signed by the international jury.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS WHEN PARTICIPATING IN THIS CALL.
- All posters received will become part of the archive of the International Poster Biennial in Mexico AC, which will be kept by the Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí.
- If the format, support, means of reproduction or circulation of your work does not fall within the clauses stipulated in this call for entries, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.