CATEGORY CALLED IN COLLABORATION WITH:
1) People that can participate:
Students: Design school students that are under 27.
Professionals: Graphic designers, visual artists, photographers and graphic creators in general, no matter age or nationality.
2) Participants should submit a maximum of 4 posters or series of posters considered as one piece.
3) The design layout shall be 70 x 100 cm (vertical or horizontal). Layout and technique are freestyle.
4) Participants shall submit unpublished posters on the subject: Biodiversity preservation posters. Category called in collaboration with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the Programa Universitario de Estrategias para la Sustentabilidad UNAM (PUES), la Secretaría de Medio Ambiente Y Recursos Naturales and the BICM. The purpose of this project is to raise people’s awarness on the urgent necessity to preserve the biodiversity in the world.
For further information on this subject, go to www.pnuma.org
DIGITAL WORK REGISTRATION
5) In order to register their work, participants shall submit their poster(s) in a digital layout to this email: email@example.com attached to the registration form (click to download it) properly filled in.
6) Files registered in the contest should be formatted as:
Measure: 70 x 100 cm (vertical or horizontal)
Resolution: 300 DPI
Type of format: JPG
IMPORTANT: Posters that are not registered under these specifications will be automatically disqualified.
If the file size is too big you may use any type of cloud-base storage such as Wetransfer, Dropbox, Sendthisfile, etc., by sending the appropriate link with the registration form.
DIGITAL WORK SUBMISSION DEADLINE: MAY 31, 2016
(Printed posters are NOT required)
7) The posters selected will become part of the collection on the subject. The BICM in collaboration with the UNEP and PUES, will promote the edition and presentation of this collection, giving credits to the authors, in several printed and electronic means. It will also become part of its publicity campaign. The posters will be printed in HP technology by the BICM and will be exhibited at the Franz Mayer Museum.
8) The UNEP, the PUES and the BICM are authorized to publish the entered-into-the-competition posters in catalogues, expositions, promotional editions, electronic means and promotional events on a non-profit basis and giving credit to the authors.
10) All posters will become part of the Biodiversity preservation posters collection and the copy presented at the Franz Mayer Museum will become part of the BICM storage.
11) The BICM shall reserve the right to reject the participation of posters that may be offensive to the moral and culture of any country, as well as the ones that shall not meet the requirements of this call.
12) Posters designed by jury members as well as committee members can be chosen but may not be awarded.
13) The jury decision will be irrevocable and it shall not be contested or submitted to any sort of refute by any natural or legal person. The awards of any category can be declared null and void if it is so considered. Additionally, the judges are qualified to resolve any incidence that may take place and may not contravene these basis.
14) The results of the 14th BICM selection will be published on our web site and social networks on July 31, 2016.
First place: $100,000.00 (One hundred thousand mexican pesos), Golden medal and a certificate.
Second place: Silver medal and a certificate.
Third place: Bronze medal and a certificate.
Thanks to the sponsors support (INBA, CNDH, SEMARNAT, Condé Nast México y Latinoamérica / GQ México) the BICM is pleased to announce that for its 14th edition: the registration fee, both national and foreign, is VOLUNTARY. Which means that the payment of $150 per poster or the book shipping are optional now.
However, if your economy is favorable, the BICM is still receiving payment of registration fee as donation. We guarantee that with your registration, we will maintain the quality of this event that gives international character to Mexico.
Residents in Mexico
$150 (Mexican pesos) for every registered poster. Registration fee will be deposited in the following bank account:Name: Bienal Internacional del Cartel en México AC
Bank account number: 1299731
Banco: Banco Nacional de Mexico, S.A. (Banamex)
Swift code: BNMXMXMM
Clabe interbancaria: 002180700112997313
Design books as registration fee are accepted. These works will become part of the BICM's library. The author of the poster shall send a book whose subject will be about design, no matter the number of works they will present in the competition. Books to be donated shall be sent, without commercial value, as it follows:
By postal mail:
We inform you that, for the time being, the PO of the IPBM is out of service. However, we receive shipments by private courier.
By private messaging or delivery in person:
Bienal Internacional del Cartel en México A.C.
Álvaro Obregón # 73