CATEGORY CALLED IN COLLABORATION WITH:
DOWNLOAD HERE THE BRIEF ON THE GQ MEXICO MAGAZINE IN ORDER TO CREATE YOUR POSTER
1) Graphic designers, design students, visual artists, photographers and graphic creators in general are allowed to participate, no matter age or nationality.
2) Participants should submit a maximum of 4 posters or series of posters considered as one piece.
3) The design layout shall be 70 x 100 cm (vertical or horizontal). Layout and technique are freestyle.
4) Participants shall submit unpublished posters on the subject: Commemorative posters to promote the 10th anniversary of the GQ Mexico magazine.
Category called by the Publishing House Condé Nast México y Latinoamérica and the BICM. The purpose is to produce creative and innovating propositions to promote the Editorial Design of the Magazine GQ México commemorating its 10th anniversary in Mexico.
The magazine GQ México y Latinoamérica and its equivalents in 17 countries belong to the enterprise Condé Nast, the largest private magazine publishing house in the world. From the beginning, Condé Nast has characterized itself for having well-known titles for their graphic and content quality in subjects such as fashion, technology, high society, architecture, and culture, among others. Our publications include Vogue, Glamour, Vanity Fair, Architectural Digest, The New Yorker and GQ.
GQ México was created in November 2006 and later in 2011 it incorporated its version in Latin America. However, its actual name was created in New York and used the name GQ (Gentleman’s Quarterly) for the first time in 1958 as a magazine released 4 times a year with subject specially dedicated to male fashion.
It was until 1983 when Condé Nast acquired this title given by its first director Art Cooper to make it a monthly magazine dedicated to man “lifestyle” with topics on fashion, large reports, technology, cars, travels, gourmet, watch stores culture, etcetera. It has ever since been the most successful male magazine in the world.
Today GQ México y Latinoamérica is not only a printed magazine but a publishing brand with a web site, digital magazines, smartphones and social networks with more than a million hundred thousand readers (printed magazine) and an online audience of two million two hundred thousand per month.
IMPORTANT: The poster shall include the GQ México logo; such logo shall not be altered or modified. (Click here to download the GQ logo). The logo may be placed in any part of the composition, white or any color and also it shall differenciate a color for the G and other for the Q.
For further information on this subject, go to www.gq.com.mx
DIGITAL WORK REGISTRATION
5) In order to register their work, participants shall submit their poster(s) in a digital layout to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org attached to the registration form (click to download it) properly filled in.
6) Files registered in the contest should be formatted as:
Measure: 70 x 100 cm (vertical or horizontal)
Resolution: 300 DPI
Type of format: JPG
IMPORTANT: Posters that are not registered under these specifications will be automatically disqualified.
If the file size is too big you may use any type of cloud-base storage such as Wetransfer, Dropbox, Sendthisfile, etc., by sending the appropriate link with the registration form.
DIGITAL WORK SUBMISSION DEADLINE: MAY 31, 2016
(Printed posters are NOT required)
7) The posters selected will become part of the collection on the subject. The IPBM, in collaboration with the publishing house Condé Nast México y Latinoamérica, will promote the edition and exhibition of this collection, giving credits to the authors, in several printed and electronic means. It will also become part of its publicity campaign. The posters will be printed in HP technology by the BICM and will be exhibited at the Franz Mayer Museum.
8) Both the Condé Nast México y Latinoamérica and the BICM are authorized to publish the entered-into-the-competition posters in catalogues, expositions, promotional editions, electronic means and promotional events on a non-profit basis and giving credit to the authors.
9) Every chosen participant shall obtain a 50% discount on our online store to acquire catalogues, poster, and commemorative editions.
10) All posters will become part of the Condé Nast México y Latinoamérica collection and the copy presented at the Franz Mayer Museum will become part of the BICM storage.
The participant accepts hereby the contract by order with Condé Nast de México S.A. de C.V. to make and assign the work described in this call on the terms of the article 83 and concerning the Federal Law on Copyright, Article 16 and concerning the Federal Law on Copyright Norms. The participant assures to Condé Nast México S.A. de C.V. that the work is original and unique, for this reason this work can exert completely and peacefully the patrimonial vested rights. The payment of the work assignment remains confidential between the two parts. By accepting this contract, Condé Nast de México S.A. de C.V. will exclusively, absolutely and completely benefit from the title of the work as well as its disclosure according to the Articles 83 and 26-BIS of the Federal Law on Copyrights. The participant is obliged to keep strict and perpetual confidentiality.
11) The BICM shall reserve the right to reject the participation of posters that may be offensive to the moral and culture of any country, as well as the ones that shall not meet the requirements of this call.
12) Posters designed by jury members as well as committee members can be chosen but may not be awarded.
13) The jury decision will be irrevocable and it shall not be contested or submitted to any sort of refute by any natural or legal person. The awards of any category can be declared null and void if it is so considered. Additionally, the judges are qualified to resolve any incidence that may take place and may not contravene these basis.
14) The results of the 14th BICM selection will be published on our web site and social networks on July 31, 2016.
First place: $100,000.00 (One hundred thousand mexican pesos), GQ México Golden medal and a certificate.
Second place: GQ México Silver medal and a certificate.
Third place: GQ México Bronze medal and a certificate.
The first award of this category shall be handed by theCondé Nasta publishing house.
Thanks to the sponsors support (INBA, CNDH, SEMARNAT, Condé Nast México y Latinoamérica / GQ México) the BICM is pleased to announce that for its 14th edition: the registration fee, both national and foreign, is VOLUNTARY. Which means that the payment of $150 per poster or the book shipping are optional now.
However, if your economy is favorable, the BICM is still receiving payment of registration fee as donation. We guarantee that with your registration, we will maintain the quality of this event that gives international character to Mexico.
Residents in Mexico
$150 (Mexican pesos) for every registered poster. Registration fee will be deposited in the following bank account:Name: Bienal Internacional del Cartel en México AC
Bank account number: 1299731
Banco: Banco Nacional de Mexico, S.A. (Banamex)
Swift code: BNMXMXMM
Clabe interbancaria: 002180700112997313
Design books as registration fee are accepted. These works will become part of the BICM's library. The author of the poster shall send a book whose subject will be about design, no matter the number of works they will present in the competition. Books to be donated shall be sent, without commercial value, as it follows:
By postal mail:
We inform you that, for the time being, the PO of the IPBM is out of service. Therefore we ask you, in the most attentive way, However, we receive shipments by private courier.
By private messaging or delivery in person:
Bienal Internacional del Cartel en México A.C.
Álvaro Obregón # 73